Automotive News   |   Automotive News Europe   |   Autoweek   |   Automobilwoche

Automotive News China Newsletter
Register our free newsletter, sent each Monday and Thursday

     Automakers   Suppliers   Auto Show   Comment   Car Cutaway   Newsletters   Press Releases   Chinese Version   Register for Newsletter
  Contact Us:   Editorial   Advertising   Subscription Information   |   About Us   Media Kit
Home >> Automaker Email this story   Print this story
 
Volvo Car selects Citi, Goldman, Morgan Stanley to steer IPO, report says
Bloomberg | 2018/5/11

Volvo Car Corp. owner Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. has selected Citigroup Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley to advise on an initial public offering for the Swedish carmaker this year, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

China¡¯s Zhejiang Geely and Volvo have discussed valuing the Swedish automaker in a range of $16 billion to $30 billion in a stock sale, the people said, asking not to be named as the deliberations are confidential. The companies held meetings in Sweden and Hong Kong this month to discuss a dual listing in both venues, they said.

The shares could be sold as early as this fall, though no final decisions have been made and the plans may change, they said. An IPO is an option but the decision is up to the owner, a representative for Volvo Cars said, declining to comment further. Representatives for Geely, Citigroup and Morgan Stanley declined to comment. A spokesman for Goldman Sachs didn¡¯t immediately comment.

Volvo Cars may seek to benchmark itself against automakers including Hong Kong-listed Geely Automobiles Holdings Ltd. and Tesla Inc. in the potential IPO, the people said.

Closely held Zhejiang Geely, which is backed by billionaire Li Shufu, acquired Volvo in 2010. The Chinese company¡¯s Swedish unit holds 99 percent of Volvo Car AB, while a group of Swedish institutional investors holds the remaining 1 percent through another class of shares, according to its website.

Volvo Cars posted a 1.8 percent decline in first-quarter profit. The U.S. was the main driver of sales growth, while China continued to be its biggest market, closely followed by Sweden and the U.S.


Related Stories
  • Geely-backed flying-car developer Terrafugia starts taking orders
  •     --Published:2018/16/10
     
  • Daimler, Geely team up on ride-hailing venture
  •     --Published:2018/12/10
     
  • Geely maintains double-digit sales growth in September
  •     --Published:2018/9/10
     
  • Volvo deliveries climb 14% behind XC60, S90
  •     --Published:2018/9/10
     
  • Volvo seeks to exempt China-made crossover from U.S. tariff
  •     --Published:2018/18/9
     
  • Honda localizes transmission output for hybrid vehicles
  •     --Published:2018/18/9
     
  • Geely, citing trade uncertainty, postpones Volvo IPO
  •     --Published:2018/11/9
     
  • Volvo sales advance again behind robust XC60, S90 demand
  •     --Published:2018/7/9
     
  • Toyota, Geely exploring joint hybrid vehicle tech
  •     --Published:2018/7/9
     
  • Geely August deliveries surge behind electrified volume, Lynk & CO
  •     --Published:2018/7/9
     
  • Geely bets on bigger cars for growth with new plant
  •     --Published:2018/31/8
     
  • Geely, Malaysia's DRB-Hicom to build Proton cars in China, report says
  •     --Published:2018/28/8
     
  • Geely first-half profit surges 54%
  •     --Published:2018/24/8
     
  • EV-sharing services backed by Geely, SAIC seek new funding to spur growth
  •     --Published:2018/14/8
     
     

    Our Newsletter Editions
    Automotive News China produces two email newsletters each week. You can sort your news by the articles highlighted in each of our newsletters here.

    Select your newsletter     

     
     

    Automotive News China
    Room 1303, Building 2, Lane 99, South Hongcao Road,
    Shanghai 200233
    Telephone: 86-139-1851-5816
    Fax: 86-21-6495-0895
     
    Home | Help Center | About Us | Privacy Policy | RSS
    Entire contents © Crain Communications, Inc.
    Use of editorial content without permission is strictly prohibited. All Rights Reserved.
    »¦ICP±¸06057291ºÅ